Conferences related to inland aquatic ecosystems organized by the Centre or anywhere else throughout the world will be listed here together with links to their webpages.
Organisations and Individuals responsible for organizing conferences on all aspects of aquatic ecosystems are encouraged to communicate details to us (email@example.com) for placement of this page.
International Symposium on
River Biodiversity: Ganges-Brahmaputra-Meghna (GBM) River Basin
Jointly organized by
Patna University, Patna (India) and University of Chittagaon (Bangladesh)
Sponsored by IUCN
PATNA (Bihar, India): 4-6 April 2014
The main objectives of the symposium are:
- To review and compare the current status of biodiversity of the three large rivers and their wetlands.
- To evaluate the impacts of anthropogenic stress on biodiversity in the GBM Basin with special focus on the Ganges dolphin, Otters, Gavialis, and turtles.
- To review the status of conservation and management of riverine ecosystems, food web dynamics and fisheries
- To evaluate the methodology for the sound assessment and monitoring of riverine biodiversity
- To discuss the need for participation of stakeholders, public education and awareness among common mass with a focus on children and youth
- To identify area of collaboration and cooperation in river research between India and Bangladesh
Contact: Prof. R.K. Sinha. Dept of Zoology, PatnaUniversity, Patna [Email: firstname.lastname@example.org]